The Lloyd’s List Podcast: How to navigate sanctions risk
Listen to the latest edition of the Lloyd’s List’s weekly podcast — your free weekly briefing on the stories shaping shipping
The landscape of sanctions and political risk has made the business of shipping significantly more complex, but not everyone is set up to deal with that complexity. This week’s podcast pulls in the sanctions experts to discuss how shipping is navigating the new world order of Russian sanctions and what the industry needs to understand about regulatory enforcement appetites and increasingly forensic surveillance of subterfuge shipping practices
MORE sanctions have been slapped on entities connected to Russia since its invasion of Ukraine on February 24 than have been applied to entities worldwide in the previous decade.
That has created real complexity and risk for the shipping industry, so for this week’s edition of the Lloyd’s List Podcast we are taking a deep dive into the murky world of subterfuge shipping, sanctions surveillance and asking how forensically it is advisable to know one’s customer.
The podcast this week cherry picks just some of the highlights from the Lloyd’s List Risk and Compliance webinar, which is now available to view on demand.
- Richard Meade, Editor, Lloyd’s List
- Cari N. Stinebower, Partner, economic sanctions, export controls and antimony laundering, Winston & Strawn
- Louie Vargas, Financial Crime & Sanctions Specialist, Danske Bank
- Michelle Wiese Bockmann, Markets Editor, Lloyd’s List
- Sebastian Villyn, Head of Risk & Compliance, Lloyd’s List Intelligence