X-PRESS PEARL 271023
X-PRESS PEARL 271023
Published: 27 October 2023
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE OF ENGLAND AND WALES
BUSINESS AND PROPERTY COURTS OF ENGLAND AND WALES
ADMIRALTY COURT (KBD)
Claim No. AD-2021-000165
The casualty suffered by the M/V “X-PRESS PEARL” off Colombo, Sri Lanka on 20th May 2021 and thereafter
NOTICE is hereby given to:
All persons claiming and / or being entitled to make claims by reason of or resulting from or in connection with any loss, damage or infringement of any rights as a result of the casualty suffered by the M/V “X-PRESS PEARL” off Colombo, Sri Lanka on 20th May 2021 and thereafter.
A general limitation decree (“the Decree”) was made on 3 July 2023 in the High Court of Justice of England and Wales in claim no. AD-2021-000165 (“the Limitation Action”), on the application of Sea Consortium Pte. Ltd. (trading as X-Press Feeders), X-Press Container Line (UK) Ltd., X-Press Container Line (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., Eos Ro Pte. Ltd., Killiney Shipping Pte. Ltd. and Eastaway Ship Management Pte. Ltd. (“the Claimants”) limiting the Claimants’ liability in respect of any claims falling within Article 2 of the Convention on the Limitation of Liability for Maritime Claims 1976 as amended by the 2012 Protocol (“Convention”), as enacted by section 185 of the United Kingdom Merchant Shipping Act 1995 and Schedule 7 thereof, to 19,159,937 Special Drawing Rights.
Any application to set aside the said decree must be made on or before 27 January 2024.
The Claimants have constituted a Limitation Fund by paying into the High Court of Justice of England and Wales the amount of GB £19,990,325.57 inclusive of interest by way of a letter of undertaking from the London Steam-Ship Owners’ Mutual Insurance Association Limited dated 22 February 2022.
Any claims of a type which fall within Article 2 of the Convention must be made in the Limitation Action on or before 27 January 2024.
All applications and claims are to be filed with the Admiralty and Commercial Registry and Listing Offices, 7 Rolls Building, Fetter Lane, London EC4A 1NL, United Kingdom and copies are to be sent to the following:
- The Claimants’ solicitors: Campbell Johnston Clark, 59 Mansell Street, London, E1 8AN, United Kingdom; tel.: +44 (0)207 855 9669; ref. AHJ/MBB/DA/S0464/001.
- Solicitors for Bengal Tiger Line Pte Ltd: Mays Brown Solicitors, 66 Royal Mint Street, London, E1 8LG, United Kingdom; tel.: +44(0)207 264 0600.
- Solicitors for Maersk A/S: Stephenson Harwood LLP, 1 Finsbury Circus, London, EC2M 7SH, United Kingdom; tel. +44(0)207 329 4422.
- Solicitors for MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A.: Mills & Co. Solicitors Limited, Portland House, 54 New Bridge Street West, Newcastle-upon-Tyne NE1 8AP, United Kingdom; tel. +44(0)191 233 2220.
- Solicitors for various cargo interests: Clyde & Co LLP, 1 Stoke Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4HW, United Kingdom; tel. +44(0)207 876 500.
- Solicitors for various cargo interests: Roose+Partners, 40 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0BT, United Kingdom; tel. +44(0)203 440 3525.
- Tianjin (FTZ) Junesun Import & Export Co., Room 1818, 18th Floor, Xinda Plaza, No.188 Jiefangbei Road, Heping District, Tianjin, People’s Republic of China; tel. +86 22 83859282.
All set! This article has been sent to email@example.com.
All fields are required. For multiple recipients, separate email addresses with a semicolon.
Please Note: Only individuals with an active subscription will be able to access the full article. All other readers will be directed to the abstract and would need to subscribe.